* Beauty From Ashes – “I have been to the bottom before, widows are effectively in quarantine and social distancing for weeks and even months after losing their spouse. We’ve been through this before and we are unafraid. Jesus was our hope then, and will be our hope now.” – Lori B., Mission Leader for Beauty from Ashes.
Rather than simply postpone or reschedule the Widows growth and support meetings during the crisis. Lori is using carefully crafted communication tools to unite and support widows through this Crisis.
What is she doing?
* Zoom trainings – she wrote a wonderful step by step encouragement for the widows God has placed in her care for how to gain access to digital video meetings. Read the text of the email for some insight into how gifted she is at shepherding those the Lord has given her. Here is an excerpt from her masterfully and pastorally crafted message:
"I have decided to "relocate" the meeting this Saturday. I think it's wise for us all to be safe and
prevent the spread of the coronavirus. I want to be responsible and cautious. I know this time is difficult to have such uncertainty; however, we can look at what we have learned from what we have been through and apply all that to today's circumstances. There is not too much that rattles me and I am sure that is the same with most of you. Worry and fear never got me anywhere, and I have learned to trust and rest in Him. "
* Prayer and counsel through digital communication
* Creating hand made cards with her kids to mail to widows for a hands on encouragement.
* Providing meaningful content – she has coordinated with a local handyman who provided video home maintenance training specifically tailored to the needs of the widows in the BFA group. If you have any skills or services that you think may be of service to the widows group - reach out to Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org
* She launched a social media group to help provide encouragement and tips from her years of experience in homeschooling.
* She is working with Light the World productions to produce a professional quality video to tell the untold story of a day in the life of a widow - and provide a window into the power of the hope of Jesus at work through the Beauty from Ashes ministry.
Wildfire Network is working behind the scenes to support Beauty from Ashes by providing encouragement and support, through coaching and intersession, and currently working to build out a website for Beauty From Ashes at this time, to multiply the platform for Lori and her team to produce and share resources with widows who need it.
We praise the Lord for the amazing ways He is bringing hope to widows even right now in this crisis.
Wildfire Staff, Mission Leaders, and contributors